Friday, August 13, 2010

High Calling

If I have to break up one more fight over a toy,wipe one more stinky bottom, or bandage one more fat lip today, I am going to pull out my hair....and maybe the hair of the small one with in reach......
I have had it kids. I am going to use the restroom ALONE and unless someone is dying I strongly suggest you do not open this door.
As I sit on the throne, I also fall at HIS throan and pray....God is this really the way it is, I feel so unimportant these days. The day to day task of laundry, and cooking and cleaning leaving me feel like the invisable house maid. I thought there wa so much more in this ride of MOTHERHOOD.
What happened....2 miricles and then a third. I traded in my high heels for slip on flats, shorts and T-Shirts instead of my beautiful dresses, beautiful hair for the wet bun on my head and showers are something that seem to come in the middle of the day instead of first thing.
Finally I hear that still small voice. I may not save the world today, but as I sit on the potty, God gently reminds me of what I do accomplish each day. I have the privilege of watching my two year olds play dress up. I have two small hands thrown around my neck by my son as he says "Big Kiss mama big kiss". My daughter softly tells me she loves me as I once again wipe her bottom after she uses the Big Girl Potty. And I have my littlest miricle Sam who lights up when I walk in the room every time. His smiles melt my heart.
I got my few minutes of well deserved privacy, as I was able to sit on the potty with no interruptions.
Yes my greatest accomplishment today will be nurturing the 3 lives that God has entrusted to me.

1 comment: